Veal Roll Ups
|Veal cutlets||6 , flattened|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Ham slice||6 , cooked|
|Swiss cheese slice||6|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Coating)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Apply mustard over each cutlet.
2) Top the veal cutlet with a slice of ham and then with a slice of cheese.
3) Roll it up in a jelly roll style and tie firmly with skewers or toothpicks.
4) Coat each cutlet with seasoned flour and then with egg beaten with water and in breadcrumbs.
5) In a frying pan, melt butter and brown cutlets on each side.
6) Lower the heat and then cook the cutlets, covered for 20 to 25 minutes until meat is soft.
7) Discard the skewers, when the cutlets are cooked well.
8) Serve with more cheese, if desired.