Turkey Cutlets With Apples
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Turkey cutlets||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Granny smith apples/Any other tart baking apples||2 , peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Non-fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
1) Use a fork to pierce the potatoes all over.
2) Directly on the floor of the microwave, place a paper towel.
3) In a square pattern, arrange the potatoes on the paper towel and microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
4) Flip the potatoes and rearrange them. Microwave on high for another 5 to 7 minutes, till the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
5) Use a foil to cover and allow to stand for a minimum of 5 minutes.
6) Combine together the tarragon, garlic and lemon rind on a plate and rub the turkey lightly with the mixture.
7) In a large non-stick frying pan placed over moderate-high heat, warm the oil.
8) Put the turkey in the pan and sauté for about 3 minutes on each side so that the pieces are browned.
9) Put the cooked meat in a plate and keep it warm.
10) To the pan, add the apples and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the apple juice and stir well.
11) Put the turkey back in the pan, cover and cook for about 3 minutes so that the apples are tendered.
12) With a slotted spoon, divide the turkey and the apples among individual plates.
13) Split the potatoes and use a fork to fluff the flesh. Add the potatoes to the plates.
14) Into the juice left behind in the pan, whisk the sour cream and spoon the mixture all over the potatoes.
15) Sprinkle the chives all over.
16) Serve hot.
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.1 mg3.4%
Sodium 29.4 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.6%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 26 g51.1%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet