Broiled Fish Roll Ups
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Celery sprig||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Coarse)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cooked, chopped|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fine cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a saucepan combine onion, celery and water, bring to a boil, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
3. Mix bread crumbs, salt, pepper, spinach and thyme well, adding liquid to moisten if necessary.
4. Placing some of the mixture on each fillet, sprinkle with salt, roll up and fasten with toothpicks.
5. In two separate bowls make two mixtures- one of egg white and skim milk and the other of flour and cracker crumbs and roll the stuffed fillets in the first mixture first and then in the second mixture.
6. Place the rolled fish on a lightly oiled broiler rack in the broiler and broil.
7. When almost done on one side, turn carefully and cook such that tender for about 10 minutes.
8. To serve, remove toothpicks and garnish with parsley.