1. Make sure that potatoes are completely cool.
2. Heat the oil in a pot/wok over medium heat and bring the oil to 325 degrees F.
3. In a bowl combine, green chili, ginger, garam masala, mango powder, salt, red chili powder, panko breadcrumbs, cilantro leaves and potatoes.
4. Use your hands to combine this in to a semi-soft mixture until everything is well incorporated. While you do this, try and break the potato chunks and work them in to the mixture.
5. Form golf ball size balls and then flatten them to form a finger shape and set aside.
6. When adding these potato fingers to the oil, dip about 1/3 to 1/2 of them into the oil and allow them to start frying. Then gently slide the rest of it. This will prevent them from sinking at the bottom.
7. Working in batches, fry until they are golden brown and crispy.
8. When the cutlets are done, remove from the oil and put immediately on paper towel to blot the excess oil.
9. Serve with tomato ketchup or a dip of your choice.
Indian appetizers and snacks popular as street side food are also easy to make at home. Chef Aarasi shows how to make potato cutlets using potatoes and common Indian seasonings. Taste great when served with sweet and sour sauce!