Turkey Cabbage Rolls
|Cabbage leaves||8 Large|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1. Place cabbage leaves in a large basin and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 6 minutes until softened.
2. Drain cabbage leaves and pat-dry on paper toweling. Set aside.
3. Grease a 10-inch x 8 inch baking dish or a casserole.
4. Preheat the oven to 375° F
5. In a small skillet, heat oil,
6. Add chopped vegetables, salt and 1/2 teaspoon dill and sauté until vegetables are softened. Take pan off the heat
7. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and Tabasco and stir in turkey, bread crumbs and cooked vegetable mixture.
8. Divide turkey mixture into 8 equal portions.
9. Place one portion of turkey mixture in center of each blanched cabbage leaf.
10. Fold sides and ends of cabbage leaf over filling, and wrap tightly into a roll.
11. Fasten with wooden picks.
12. Repeat for remaining leaves.
13. Arrange cabbage rolls baking dish. Set aside while making sauce to coat.
14. In a small saucepan melt butter.
15. Blend in flour to make a paste.
16. Gradually stir in chicken broth and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
17. Stir in lemon juice, lemon rind and remaining dill.
18. Pour sauce over cabbage rolls.
19. Cover dish with foil or lid and place in preheated oven.
20. Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes until cabbage leaves are tender and the turkey mixture is cooked.
21. Remove tooth picks before serving.
22. Garnish with chopped parsley.