|Flaky pastry||4 Ounce|
|Pork sausage meat/Beef sausage meat||6 Ounce|
1) Preheat oven to 425°F. -Gas Mark 7.
2) Use half the quantity of ingredients to prepare pastry.
3) Use a floured board, to roll the pastry out thinly to approximately 12 inches x 6 inches. Trim the edges and cut in half lengthwise. Leave to rest.
4) In another plate, place the sausage meat to season and divide in 2 parts.
5) Lightly flour the hands and roll the parts out to a long 'rope' the length of the pastry strips.
6) Place one long rope of sausage meat at the center of each pastry sheet.
7) Moisten one edge and fold this over the sausage meat to join with the opposite edge. Seal edges well together.
8) Use a sharp knife to cut each roll into four or six sausage rolls.
9) Place on a wetted baking sheet and make one or two diagonal slashes on top of each. Brush with a little milk or beaten egg and milk.
10) Place above centre in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
11) Serve warm by adding tossed salad on side.
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.7%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 61.2 mg20.4%
Sodium 773.1 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 15 g30.2%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.99%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet