Pinwheel Ham And Corn Roll
|Ground cooked ham||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
|Mixed salad herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (For Crust)|
|For parsley cream sauce|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/1 chicken bouillon cube||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl mix ham, corn, bread crumbs, eggs, salad herbs, mustard, pepper and the 1/2 cup milk lightly with a fork.
2. Using 2/3 cup milk, prepare biscuit mix as per label directions
3. Onto a lightly floured pastry cloth or board turn out the mixture and knead gently for 1/2 minute. Roll it out to a rectangle, 18x12 and on a lightly greased large cookie sheet place it.
4. Down middle 1/3 of dough spoon the ham filling, fold edges up over filling to center and pinch together at top and ends to seal.
5. In the top make several slits to let steam escape.
6. In a moderate oven bake at 375° for 40 minutes such that crust is golden-brown.
7. To make parsley cream sauce, in a medium-size saucepan, saute onion in butter or margarine such that soft.
8. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook, with constant stirring such that bubbly.
9. Stir in milk and instant chicken broth or bouillon cube.
10. Cook with frequent stirring crushing bouillon cube with a spoon, if using, such that the sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
11. Then stir in parsley.
12. Cut the loaf in thick slices and serve with parsley cream sauce.
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.9 mg46%
Sodium 411.8 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 31 g61.1%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet