Jumbo Ham And Potato Roll
|Cut up cooked ham||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cooked, peeled and diced|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (For Crust)|
|Mustard sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Zippy, Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. Through a food chopper, using the coarse blade, process ham and onion.
3. In medium-size bowl mix processed ham and onion, potatoes, eggs, pepper and 1/2 cup milk and set aside.
4. Into medium-size bowl sift flour and salt and with pastry blender cut in vegetable shortening such that the mixture is crumbly.
5. Then blend in 2/3 cup milk with fork such that the flour is completely moist—the same as for biscuits.
6. Onto lightly floured pastry cloth or board turn dough out and knead gently 5 or 6 times and roll out to a 12x10 rectangle.
7. In center of pastry spoon ham mixture in loaf shape 9x4, fold pastry up over loaf and seal edges.
8. On greased cookie sheet place, seam side down and cut several slits on top of pastry to allow steam to escape.
9. Place in the hot oven and bake 30 minutes such that pastry is golden-brown.
10. Slice and serve with garnish as desired.
Calories 763 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 109.5 mg36.5%
Sodium 768.9 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 53 g105.5%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet