Rice And Cheese Croquettes
|Cooked long grain rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grated emmenthal cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Softened butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) In a mixing bowl, put the rice and add the cheese and butter. Stir well. Add a few twists of freshly ground black pepper and 1 egg which has been lightly beaten. Stir again.
2) Into 3-inch long croquettes, shape the rice mixture and roll the croquettes in breadcrumbs. Dip in a lightly beaten egg.
3) Once again roll the croquettes in the breadcrumbs and then place them on a plate. Keep aside for an hour so that they can set.
4) In a large pan, pour just enough oil so that it reaches till 1/3rd of the sides and heat it. Once the oil has hit a temperature of 375 degrees and is hot enough for deep frying, a bread piece thrown in will rise to the surface and turn golden brown in about 30 seconds.
5) In the frying basket, arrange the prepared croquettes and lower the basket very carefully into the hot oil. Immediately turn off the heat.
6) After about 3 to 5 minutes the croquettes will rise to the surface and turn gold brown and crisp.
7) Take out from the oil and drain the cooked croquettes on paper towels.
8) Serve right away.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1912 Calories from Fat 1039
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.2%
Saturated Fat 45.1 g225.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 582.7 mg194.2%
Sodium 913.7 mg38.1%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.3%
Dietary Fiber 11 g43.8%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 63 g125.2%
Vitamin A 55.3% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 134.3% Iron 30.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet