Vegetable Stuffed Beef Roll
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated process american cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Bacon slices||3 , cut in half|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) In a medium-size frying pan, melt butter or margarine and sauté onion in it until soft.
3) Mix in frozen mixed vegetables and then cook over low heat, breaking up vegetables with a fork.
4) Cook, covered for 10 minutes until the vegetables are almost tender.
5) Drain the excess liquid from vegetables and let cool.
6) Take a medium-size bowl and mix together ground beef, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in it with a fork.
7) Shape into a 16x10 rectangle on a wax paper or foil and layer with cooled vegetable mixture, reaching to about 1 inch from edges.
8) Top with cheese and then roll up the meat mixture in a jelly-roll style starting at the 10-inch end, using paper as a guide.
9) Lift the wax paper or foil as you roll to allow steadiness.
10) In a greased large shallow baking pan, place the roll with seam side down and spread bacon slices on top.
11) Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven until deep brown in color.
12) Transfer to a heated serving platter and slice into 1/2-inch-thick slices using a sharp knife.
13) Serve hot.
Calories 894 Calories from Fat 660
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g113%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g132.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230.3 mg76.8%
Sodium 792.1 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 47 g93.8%
Vitamin A 77.1% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet