1. Melt butter, blend in flour, add milk and cook, stirring constantly until thick.
2. Add salt, pepper, beaten egg, celery salt and onion and cook until very thick.
3. Remove spines from crab meat and add meat to first mixture.
4. Chill for several hours.
5. Form into cakes or cut into small steak-shaped pieces, dip into flour, then spread generously on both sides with mayonnaise and roll in crumbs.
6. Brown in hot butter and serve with creamed peas, catchup or Cheese Sauce and wedges of lemon.