|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Celery salt||1 Dash|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked crab meat||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Melt butter, blend in flour, add milk and cook, stirring constantly until thick.
2. Add salt, pepper, beaten egg, celery salt and onion and cook until very thick.
3. Remove spines from crab meat and add meat to first mixture.
4. Chill for several hours.
5. Form into cakes or cut into small steak-shaped pieces, dip into flour, then spread generously on both sides with mayonnaise and roll in crumbs.
6. Brown in hot butter and serve with creamed peas, catchup or Cheese Sauce and wedges of lemon.
Calories 991 Calories from Fat 636
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.4%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210.4 mg70.1%
Sodium 696.6 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 39 g78%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet