|Long grain rice||4 Ounce|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (1 Teacupful)|
|Made mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Grated cheese||4 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Toasted breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) To lots of boiling water, add the rice and cook quickly for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, melt the fat over low heat and stir in the flour. Gently cook for about a minute.
3) Stir in the milk very gradually, beating constantly to make a very smooth sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil and season. Gently cook for about 3 minutes.
4) Stir in the cheese and mustard and once the ingredients have blended, take the pan off the heat. Stir in the cooked rice.
5) Into a greased shallow baking tin or place, pour the mixture and allow it to stand till it is quite cold. Mixture must be about 1/2-inch in thickness.
6) Cut the mixture into 4 equal parts and shape each portion into a croquette.
7) Dip each croquette first into the beaten egg and then in the toasted breadcrumbs.
8) Fry in hot oil till the pieces are crisp and golden brown. Drain.
9) Serve hot wth grilled mushrooms or buttered French beans.
Calories 906 Calories from Fat 509
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.7%
Saturated Fat 22 g110.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 198.1 mg66%
Sodium 1211.5 mg50.5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 34 g68.4%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 80.7% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet