|Stock/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), smoked|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Boil eggs for 8-10 minutes.
2. Drain and refresh in cold water.
3. Shell, halve and chop the egg whites fine and sieve the egg yolks. Combine in a bowl
4. Chop the ham and combine with eggs and keep aside.
5. In a saucepan, melt butter on a low flame.
6. Blend in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Gradually add the milk, stirring vigorously to make a smooth sauce.
8. Cook sauce till thick and bubbly.
9. Cool slightly before adding to the eggs and ham mixture.
10. Cool the mixture completely.
11. Divide and shape into cutlets or croquettes.
12. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
13. Bread the cutlets by dredging in flour, dipping in beaten egg and rolling in breadcrumbs.
14. In a deep frying pan heat enough oil to fry.
15. When oil is hot, drop the cutlets and fry for 3-4 minutes till evenly browned.
16. Remove and drain on paper towels.
17. Serve immediately with Bechamel,, tomato or cheese sauce.