Old Fashioned Meat Roll And Meat Roll Fritters
|Rump steak/Lean stewing steak||10 Ounce|
|Lean bacon||4 Ounce|
|White breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Brown breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Gease a stone jar of 1 Pound and a paper to cover. A stone marmalade jar would be a good choice.
2) Twice mince the meat and bacon and add the white breadcrumbs, along with the salt and pepper and the egg, beaten.
3) Mix together properly till the ingredients have blended evenly and are moist.
4) Into the greased jar, pack the mixture and cover it with the paper which has been tied firmly with string.
5) Gently steam for about 2 1/2 hours.
6) Cover the jar with a fresh paper, put a weight on top and allow to stand overnight.
7) Aroun 15 minutes before serving, remove the meat roll very carefully from the jar. If required, warm the base gently. Coat with the browned breadcrumbs and slice the roll.
8) Serve right away with buttered potatoes or potato salad and some tossed lettuce.