|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven to moderate temperature.
2) Take 2 bowls. Separate the egg yolks from the whites and place them in bowls. Beat the yolks and whites well in their bowls.
3) To the beaten egg yolks add sugar and cold water while whisking continually.
4 In a wide bowl, sift the flour with salt, sugar and baking powder. Add the flour gradually to the beaten egg whites. Finally add in the egg yolk and sugar mixture and for a smooth batter.
5) On a well greased, oblong pan, thinly spread out the batter.
6) Bake for 15 minutes.
7) Remove the pan from heat. Sprinkle a damp cloth with sugar and sprinkle some powdered sugar. Turn it out onto the the damp cloth.
8) Cut off the crusty edges. Spread jelly and roll it while it is still hot.
9) Plate it up when it is cooled and sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it.
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.82 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 426.5 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 50.2 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.7% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet