Sticky Pecan Rolls
|Active dry yeast||1|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), scalded|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Place the yeast in the warm water to soften.
3) Combine hot milk with 3 tablespoons butter, granulated sugar and salt., then stir well to dissolve butter and sugar.
4) Stir in the water and yeast, then beat in egg.
5) Gradually stir in the flour, blend well, then cover and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
6) On a well floured board roll out the dough into an 18- x 12-inch rectangle and apply butter.
7) Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and the cinnamon, then sprinkle over the dough.
8) Roll up the dough and slice in 1-inch pieces.
9) In the bottom of each of 18 well-greased muffin cups, place 4-5 pecan halves.
10) Sprinkle with rest of the brown sugar, dot with butter and place the rolls in the pans.
11) Cover and allow to rise in warm place for about 1 hour until it doubles in size.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes and turn out of the pans.
6) Serve immediately in a nice plate.