Filled Cabbage Rolls
|Cabbage head||1 Medium|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground round steak||1⁄2 Pound|
|Coarse cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped raisins||3 Tablespoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Fresh lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Separate six outer leaves from cabbage.
3. Get rid of the thick part of each cabbage.
4. Take a bowl of boiling water and soak the cabbages in it. Allow the cabbages to stand there for few minutes.
5. Drain the cabbages and allow them to cool.
6. Take a bowl and mix onion, beef, crumbs, raisins and seasonings and moisten them using the tomato sauce.
7. Make 6 portions out of the mixture and place it in the cup part of the cabbage leaf. Roll up the sides of each leaf by loosely folding them over the sides.
8. Take a 1 ½ quart casserole and add the remaining cabbage to its bottom by shredding them.
9. Position the stuffed cabbage rolls such that they appear with the seam side down.
10. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and lemon juice and spoon this mixture over the cabbage rolls.
11. Pop lemon slices in between each cabbage roll.
12. Bake in oven for about 30-40 minutes at 350° F.
13. Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1112 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92 mg30.7%
Sodium 1277.4 mg53.2%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.9 g99.5%
Sugars 68.4 g
Protein 64 g128.8%
Vitamin A 59.6% Vitamin C 515.7%
Calcium 41.4% Iron 57.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet