Old World Cabbage Rolls
|Cooked brown rice/Millet /bulgar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Stewed tomatoes||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated celery||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Finely grated carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) In a large pot, boil water.
2) In the water, drop the whole head of cabbage for 3-5 minutes and then drain off the water.
3) Peel off the cabbage's leaves carefully and set them aside.
4) Grate the carrot and wash and chop the celery in very small pieces.
5) In a pan, put some oil and saute celery and carrots in it and then add tamari and spices.
6) With the cooked grain, mix the sauted vegetables.
7) On each cabbage leaf, place 1/2 cup of this mixture and then roll up the leaves.
8) To hold the cabbage leaf together, a toothpick can be used, if desired.
9) In a baking dish, place the cabbage rolls covered with the sauce.
10) In the oven, bake it at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
11) Prepare them on a leisurely day, then refrigerate for one or two days; then bake and serve.
These cabbage rolls reminds you of the gentle taste of Eastern Europe.An extra special meal!