Cherry Angel Rolls
|Angel food cake mix||16 Ounce (1 Package, Duncan Hines)|
|Chopped maraschino cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherry juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen whipped topping||8 Ounce, thawed (1 Container)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pans with aluminum foil.
2. Following package directions prepare the cake.
3. Into lined pans divide the batter and spread evenly.
4. Using knife or spatula cut through the batter to remove large air bubbles.
5. Let it bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until set.
6. Immediately invert cakes onto towels covered with confectioners' sugar.
7. Remove foil carefully and immediately roll up each cake with towel jelly roll fashion and let it cool completely.
8. Fold cherries, coconut and cherry juice into whipped topping.
9. Unroll cakes spreading half of filling over each cake to edges.
10. On serving plate reroll and place seam-side down.
11. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and refrigerate until ready to serve.