Corn Pocket Rolls
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Corn meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Grease a baking sheet with oil or butter and dust with flour.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Stir in the corn meal and sugar.
5. In a measuring jar or another bowl, blend together the beaten egg and sour cream.
6. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and bind together to make a dough.
7. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and until soft.
8. Roll out into a ¼ inch thick sheet.
9. Cut into 4-inch circles using a cutter or a sharp rim circle lid or saucer.
10. Arrange them on the baking sheet.
11. Brush each circle with butter and fold over into half to get a semi circle.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
13. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
14. Serve the warm for breakfast or tea