|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, boiled , peeled and mashed or 1 packet instant potato, made up|
|Evaporated milk/1/4 pint milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs/Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Chopped chives/Spring onions/ little cress||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan, mix potatoes with fat, milk, seasonings and egg, mashing potatoes well.
2) With a wooden spoon, beat the mixture well and make a smooth but a stiff mixture by pouring required water.
3) Let cool and divide the mixture into 8 portions.
4) Coat each portion with breadcrumbs or oatmeal and shape to a flat oblong shape, having 1/2 inch thickness.
5) Lightly brown the croquettes in hot oil on both sides and drain the excess oil.
6) Pour over any sauce and serve hot, garnishing with chives, onions or cress.