The Famous Rolls
|Active dry yeast||1 Packet|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (115° F To 120 F°)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Dissolve yeast in the warm water.
3) In a large bowl, add sugar, egg, and salt to combine. Pour in yeast mixture.
4) Add 3 cups of the flour and stir well.
5) Add 1/2 cup of the melted butter to stir well.
6) Add remaining flour to mix.
7) Cover the bowl with an airtight seal and allow the dough to rise 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size.
8) Punch down dough.
9) On a lightly floured surface, roll dough with a floured rolling pin to 1/2- to 3/4-inch thickness.
10) Use a floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter to cut out shapes.
11) Use two lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking pans, to place the rounds closely after dipping into remaining 1/2 cup melted butter.
12) Allow to rise the dough, without putting any cover for 1 to 2 hours or until nearly doubled in size.
13) Place inside oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
14) Use the rolls to prepare sandwich or burgers.