Dolmades Cabbage Rolls Stuffed With Rice
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce (55 Grams)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Savoy cabbage||1 Small|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Pint (285 Milliliter)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) To make the stuffing, chop and onion along with all the mushrooms.
3) Fry them in the oil and after a few minutes, stir in the nuts, rice and seasonings.
4) Remove from the heat and add the grated cheese. Mix well.
5) To make the cabbage, cut off the steam and peel the leaves, keeping them intact. Put in the boiling water for some time to soften then and then lay the leaves out. Divide the stuffing.
6) Roll each leaf around the stuffing and place them at the bottom of a casserole which has been oiled.
7) Slice the onions which are still remaining and fry them for some minutes. Once they are soft, lay the onions over the cabbage rolls along with the tomato slices.
8) Pour the stock into the casserole, cover it and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
9) Serve hot with sweet pickles or apple sauce.