Coconut Honey Rolls
|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Demerara sugar||1 Ounce|
|Clear honey||2 Ounce|
|Desiccated coconut||1 Ounce|
|Clear honey||3 Tablespoon (From Freezer)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (From Freezer)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F (mark 6).
2) In a basin, sift the flour, baking powder and salt, then add the butter and rub until the mixture has a breadcrumb texture.
3) Stir in the sugar and form a soft dough with the egg and milk.
4) On a floured board, lightly knead the mixture and roll out to an 12 x 6 inch oblong.
5) In a saucepan, melt the butter, stir in the sugar, honey and coconut and evenly spread over the dough.
6) Roll up the dough like a Swiss roll and slice into 12 , then keep the slices on a greased baking tray.
7) Bake in the preheated oven at 400°F (mark 6) for about 20 minutes, until golden. Place on a wire rack to cool.
8) Serve as desired in a nice dish.