Chocolate Cream Roll
|For sponge cake roll|
|Self raising flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|For chocolate buttercream filling|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
|Plain chocolate||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Chocolate curls||2 Tablespoon (For Decoration)|
1) To make the cake, sieve flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl.
2) Place saucepan filled with water in simmering heat. Put a heatproof bowl on it and beat in egg and sugar.
3) With a rotary beater whisk till it thickens.
4) Turn off heat and whisk for further 2 minutes.
5) Fold sifted ingredients and water stirring and blending the contents.
6) Take Swiss roll tin 32.5 by 22.5 cm greased with greaseproof paper and pour the contents.
7) Bake in a moderately hot oven, 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6 for 10 minutes.
8) Take the cake out in a greaseproof paper dusted with caster sugar.
9) Put a greaseproof paper inside and roll up the cake immediately from the narrow end.
10) Cool the cake.
11) To prepare chocolate filling, take in a saucepan sugar, milk and chocolate and bring to boil and then simmer till chocolate melts.
12) Add egg yolks and chocolate mixture blending gently in a bowl.
13) Put the saucepan in stove and cook stirring constantly till it thickens.
14) Avoid boiling the content.
15) Set the custard to cool at room temperature.
16) Melt butter and mix with cool chocolate custard.
17) Keep aside in a cool place to let it set.
18) Unroll Swiss roll gently and discard the paper.
19) Pour half the filling and spread gently. Roll again and put on a small tray.
20) On the sides and top spread buttercream and trim with chocolate curls.
You can create chocolate curls by scrapping warm chocolate block with a potato peeler. Store the content freezed in a plastic bag. Before serving, put on a serving dish and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.