Classic Egg Croquettes
|Hard-cooked eggs||4 , peeled and minced|
|Thick white sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Use Cold)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Toasted bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fine Crumbs)|
|Shortening/Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) Combine the eggs, sauce, soft crumbs, salt, and pepper.
2) Shape the mixture into six 3x 1 inch rolls.
3) Dip into the beaten egg, then coat evenly with the crumbs. Then chill covered for 1/2 an hour.
4) In a fryer, heat the fat to 375° F, fry the rolls in batches for about 1 1/2 minutes until golden and drain well on paper towel.
5) Serve the croquettes immediately with the tomato sauce.