Chicken Cutlets with Summer Herbs and Tomato Sauce
|Chicken breast halves||1 Pound, boned and skinned, pounded to about 1/2-inch thickness (4 Halves)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh tarragon||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a saucepan and place it over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and stir in garlic and tomatoes.
2) Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3) Now, pour vinegar, chicken stock, and 2 tablespoons of herb mixture. Boil the ingredients and then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4) Once done, empty the sauce in a food processor (or blender) and puree it. Put it back in the saucepan to keep it warm.
5) To prepare chicken breasts, drizzle salt and pepper over them.
6) Take a large plate and mix remaining herb mixture with the breadcrumbs. Also, in a clean bowl, energetically beat egg whites.
7) Now, take the chicken breasts and dip them in the egg whites. Then coat with the crumb mixture.
8) Take a heavy-bottomed skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Add safflower oil and place the chicken breasts over it.
9) Saute the meat on one side, for about 3 minutes, until tanned. Flip the meat over cover the skillet and saute for about 4-5 minutes.
10) Finally, arrange the breasts on a hot platter and pour sauce over.
11) Garnish with sprigs of herbs and serve hot.
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 284.7 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 32 g63.5%
Vitamin A 30.2% Vitamin C 35.4%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet