|Dry yeast package||2|
|Butter||1 , melted|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. Get the over preheated to 400 F at least 20 mins beforehand.
2. In a bowl dissolve yeast in warm water along with sugar and keep it aside.
3. Take a shortening in another bowl and add warm water to it. Stir the mixture till the shortening dissolves. Consequently go on adding cold water, 1/4 cupsugar, salt, egg, yeast mixture and flour. Mix all these ingredients properly.
4. Cover the bowl and chill the dough for about a day.
5. Spread the dough on lightly floured surface and knead them for sometime say 3-5 minutes.
6. Mould the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and dunk them in melted butter. Arrange these butter dipped dough balls on greased baking sheets.
7. Store this dough in warm place (85) for about an hour and allow it to double in bulk.
8. Bake the dough at 400 F for about 12-15 minutes.
9. Serve as required.
Calories 890 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.5%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 111 mg37%
Sodium 356.8 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet