Angel Pocket Rolls
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 , melted|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water until it turns foamy.
3) Use a 2-quart saucepan, scald milk.
4) Remove from heat and add shortening and sugar, to stir until shortening is melted.
5) Allow cooling to lukewarm.
6) Add the yeast mixture to the milk mixture and transfer to a large bowl.
7) In an electric mixer, beat in 3 cups of flour to a thin batter.
8) Cover with waxed paper and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
9) Use a wooden spoon, to beat in salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
10) Put in 1 1/2 cups more flour and combine thoroughly.
11) Cover again and place inside refrigerator for 8 to 48 hours.
12) Prepare rolls, by putting a part of dough on a floured surface.
13) Use a floured rolling pin, to roll up to 1/4-inch thickness.
14) Use a floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter to cut the dough.
15) Brush with melted butter or margarine.
16) With the dull edge of a knife make an off-center crease across each circle.
17) Fold over so that top half slightly overlaps bottom half.
18) Press edges together.
19) On lightly greased baking sheets, place the rolls.
20) Cover with a lid and allow rising in a warm place about 2 hours or until nearly doubled.
21) Place inside the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
22) Serve the rolls with jam or butter.