Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into 1/2 inch pieces (1/2 Stick)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105° To 115°F)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce, at room temperature, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Place a saucepan, with milk, on medium heat and heat to just below boiling point. Add 2 tbsp sugar, butter and mix well. Transfer to a large electric mixer bowl and allow to cool.
3. Dissolve yeast in warm water and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes for the mixture to turn bubbly.
4. Add to milk mixture, followed by eggs, sour cream and then flour. Mix well, transfer to floured board and knead for 2 to 5 minutes. Shape into ball, place in a bowl greased with oil with oiled side on top.
5. Place the slightly covered bowl in a warm area, without drafts, for about 1.5 hours for the dough to rise and double. Press down hard and shape into ball again. Using a foil cover and allow to be kept in the refrigerator for 6 hours to overnight. Take out ½ hour before your roll out the dough.
6. Take muffin pans, grease with butter and keep aside.
7. Place dough on a lightly floured board and roll into a 6 X 12 inch rectangle. Prepare a mixture of raisins, cinnamon and 1 cup sugar and shower over the mixture.
8. Roll the dough like a jelly roll, beginning from longer side. Cut crosswise into 2 inch slices.
9. Place in muffin pans with cut side down, keep in a warm place, free of drafts, for 40 minutes, to double the dough.
10. Bake for 20 minutes to turn golden brown.
11. Take a bowl, whip cream cheese to smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and sugar and beat thoroughly.
12. Take out baked rolls and invert onto wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes.
13. Top with glaze and cool completely.
14. Serve cooled rolls.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5195 Calories from Fat 1334
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g233.3%
Saturated Fat 84.2 g421.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 819 mg273%
Sodium 945.3 mg39.4%
Total Carbohydrates 907 g302.3%
Dietary Fiber 39.2 g156.8%
Sugars 533 g
Protein 89 g177.2%
Vitamin A 101.7% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 118.3% Iron 168.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet