Luncheon Or Sandwich Rolls
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||6 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to hot.
2. Sieve in flour with baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening and add milk. Using a spoon, mix the mixture to form a dough smooth enough to be rolled out easily on a floured board.
3. Transfer dough to a floured board and knead well to a smooth one. Divide the dough into small pieces and using hands, make into thick, short tapering rolls.
4. Take pans, grease them, arrange the roll and keep in a warm place to stand for about 15 to 20 minutes. Using milk, brush the rolls.
5. Bake to light brown and when almost done, brush with melted butter and continue to bake for 10 more minutes.
6. Serve hot
1. Brush egg yolk-water mixture on the rolls for a glazed finish.
2. These rolls are ideal as sandwiches with fillings of mayonnaise and lettuce, seasoned cucumber, chopped or sliced ham, egg with mayonnaise and little parsley and onion or any other filling of your choice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2172 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.6%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.2%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 33.9 mg11.3%
Sodium 4451.9 mg185.5%
Total Carbohydrates 407 g135.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.2%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 63 g125.2%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 266.9% Iron 148.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet