Kraut Round Dogs On Horseradish Buttered Rolls
|Drained sauerkraut||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Drained capers||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Frankfurters||1⁄2 Pound (6 Pieces)|
|Hard poppy seed rolls||6|
1. Prepare a mixture of kraut along with capers and chili sauce.
2. Blend horseradish, mustard and butter to a creamy mixture.
3. Make 10 deep slits on each of the frankfurter rolls, while taking care not to separate them completely. Add the rolls to boiling water, cover, take off from heat and allow to stand for 8 minutes.
4. Cut off the top portion of the roll and hollow out the center to resemble cups.
5. In a broiler, toast the rolls a little and spread horseradish butter onto it. Place round dog on the top. Stuff with kraut mixture.
6. Serve along with assorted relishes and potato chips.