Savory Vegetable Medley Roll
|Shortcrust pastry||8 Ounce|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lentils||3 Tablespoon, cooked|
|Tomato slices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop apple, tomato and onion into small pieces.
3. In a bowl, mix together chopped vegetables with cooked lentils.
4. Roll the pastry into rectangle shape and thinly.
5. Spread lentil mixture on top, sprinkle crumbs and season with salt, pepper, parsley and herbs.
6. Moisten the pastry and make a Swiss roll; press the ends of the roll tightly to seal.
7. Brush the roll with milk and place over a greased baking tray.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until pastry is cooked.
9. Cut the roll into slices and garnish with slices of tomatoes and freshly chopped parsley.
10. Serve Savory Vegetable Medley Roll for an evening snack.