Old Fashioned Beef Roll
|Round steak||1 (Use Whole)|
|Dry bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 , grated|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
1) De-bone the meat and cut out the excess fat from it.
2) Make a stuffing by mixing chopped fried onions, grated carrots, celery seeds, dry mustard, cloves, cinnamon, melted butter, dry bread and coarse salt and pepper.
3) Mix it well before spreading it evenly on the meat.
4) Roll the meat like a jelly roll and place it on a square piece of clean cloth.
5) Sew the roll tightly together with heavy thread.
6) Take a kettle and boil water in it.
7) Place the roll in the boiling water which must just be enough to cover it.
8) Cover the kettle and simmer it for 4 hours.
9) Add a tablespoon of coarse salt to the water after 2 hours.
10) Remove the meat roll from the boiling water after it is cooked.
11) Take a dish and place the roll in it before covering it and putting a weight on it.
12) Cool the roll and refrigerate it.
13) Unwrap the roll from its covering and thinly slice it before serving.