|Butter||3 Ounce (90 Gram)|
|Spring onions||8 , finely chopped|
|Flour||10 Ounce (315 Gram)|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk/Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Eggs||3 , lightly beaten|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil|
1) Take a large mixing bowl, to sift together together flour and self-raising flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add sugar, parsley and basil to flour mixture.
2) Take a frying pan to melt butter and sauté spring onions on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until they turn translucent. Remove from heat and place it aside.
3) In a small bowl, whisk milk and eggs. Stir in onion mixture into it. Combine well.
4) Add egg mixture to flour mixture and combine together to prepare soft and firm dough.
5) Lightly flour your working board and place the dough to knead well until it turns soft and smooth.
6) Make out 12 parts out of the dough and roll them to a ball.
7) Take baking trays, grease and flour lightly.
8) Place the balls on baking trays and brush with a mixture of egg and oil.
9) Set your oven at 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4 and place baking trays inside oven.
10) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the balls are well baked.
11) Serve the herb rolls with your choice of dips.
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.7 mg28.6%
Sodium 302.6 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet