Cinnamon Chocolate Sponge Roll
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Cinnamon chocolate frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 400°F.
2) In a bowl, add eggs, baking powder and salt to beat.
3) Place this mixture over hot water and continue beating until foamy.
4) Combine sugar and cinnamon and slowly add into eggs to beat.
5) Beat the mixture until it turns very thick.
6) Add vanilla flavoring after removing from hot water.
7) Add cake flour and combine.
8) Use a greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan to line with waxed or brown paper. Grease the waxed paper.
9) Pour in batter and spread evenly.
10) Place inside oven to bake for 12-13 minutes or until the cake becomes ready.
11) Dust a cloth with confectioners' sugar and invert the cake.
12) Remove the waxed paper and trim off the sides.
13) Roll up the cake inside the cloth in jelly roll fashion.
14) Allow cooling.
15) Unroll the cake and use Cinnamon-Chocolate Frosting to spread.
16) Roll back the cake.
17) Frost the outer surface using the same frosting or use confectioners' sugar to dust.