|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Chopped mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef gravy||1 Can (10 oz) (1 1/4 Cups)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 400° F
2. Take a skillet and heat oil in it.
3. Add the onion, mushrooms and meat to it.
4. Cook while stirring until the onion and meat turn brown.
5. Stir the dry ingredients in along with the parsley and olives together with ¼ cups of gravy for moistening.
6. Cook over low heat stirring all the ingredients together for 5 minutes.
7. Allow it to cool while the pastry is being prepared.
8. Take a bowl and sift the flour, salt and baking powder together into it.
9. Add parsley to it and cut in the shortening until it resembles breadcrumbs.
10. Add milk to make it into a soft dough.
11. Knead the dough lightly on a floured surface.
12. Roll the dough out into 10 X 14 inch sized oblongs.
13. Place the meat mixture on top of it leaving ½ an inch from the edges.
14. Roll the dough like a jelly roll after dampening the pastry edges.
15. Take a greased baking sheet and place the roll on it.
16. Bake in a pre heated oven for 30 minutes.
17. Cut into slices and serve hot with the rest of the gravy.
18. Serve cold along with salad.