|Butter/Shortening / margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted white flour/Half whole wheat flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. Add the butter, shortening or margarine, sugar and salt to the scalded milk; let it cool.
2. Moisten the yeast in the lukewarm water and add to the cooled milk. Add 3 cups of the flour and beat thoroughly. Cover the mixing bowl with a clean cloth and let the dough rise until light, in a warm, not hot. place.
3. Punch down the dough and add 2 1/2 cups flour, or enough to knead the dough easily. Cover and let rise again until double in bulk.
4. Sprinkle the bread board lightly with flour. Grease pans for about 30 rolls.
5. After it is doubled, turn the dough out onto the board and knead with your hands. Break off pieces and shape into desired roll forms . Place the rolls in the greased pans. Again cover with a clean cloth and the bread board and let rise until double in bulk, or about 1 hour.
6. Start oven, set at Hot, 425° F. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.