Carioca Chocolate Roll
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coffee||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coffee cream filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan; line bottom with wax paper; grease paper.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt onto a fresh piece of wax paper.
3. Beat eggs in a medium-size bowl with an electric mixer, until thick and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly until mixture is very thick. Stir in coffee and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
4. Bake in a moderate oven (375°) 12 minutes or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
5. Loosen cake around edges with a knife; invert pan onto a clean towel dusted with 10X sugar; peel off wax paper. Trim 1/4-inch from all 4 sides for easy rolling. Starting at short end, roll up cake and towel together. Place, seam side down, on wire rack; cool completely.
6. When cake is cool, unroll carefully.
7. Spread evenly with coffee cream filling. To start rerolling, lift cake with end of towel. Place, seam side down on serving plate.
8. Spread roll evenly with carioca chocolate frosting, or sprinkle with 10X sugar. Refrigerate.
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 428.4 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.4%
Sugars 128.4 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 14.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet