|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105-115Â°F)|
|Active dry yeast/Cakes yeast / compressed yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Unsifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
1. Place milk in a saucepan over medium heat and heat just until bubbles appear around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, salt and butter.
2. Measure warm water into a large warm bowl. Sprinkle or crumble in yeast. Stir until dissolved. Add lukewarm milk mixture, egg and 2 cups of the flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
3. Cover bowl and let stand in a warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
4. Punch dough down with the hands. Shape into 24 rolls. Place on a greased baking sheet, in cake pans or in muffin cups. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
5. Heat oven to 400°F.
6. Bake rolls about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.