Rice Stuffed Veal Rolls
|Thinly sliced veal cutlet||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed tomato rice soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Place veal cutlet between two pieces of waxed paper. Pound as thin as possible with the flat side of a cleaver or the bottom of a heavy saucepan. Cut veal into 8 pieces.
2. Combine rice, butter and parsley. Place a small amount of the mixture on each piece of veal. Roll up and fasten with toothpicks.
3. Heat shortening in skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal rolls and brown well on all sides. Pour off drippings.
4. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over veal.
5. Cover with vac-control valve closed, and cook over low heat 45 minutes. Stir and baste occasionally.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2364 Calories from Fat 1363
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240.2%
Saturated Fat 51.9 g259.4%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 192.5 mg64.2%
Sodium 3280 mg136.7%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59.1%
Dietary Fiber 19.4 g77.8%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 66 g132.4%
Vitamin A 79.2% Vitamin C 70.7%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet