Rice Stuffed Veal Rolls
|Thinly sliced veal cutlet||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed tomato rice soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Place veal cutlet between two pieces of waxed paper. Pound as thin as possible with the flat side of a cleaver or the bottom of a heavy saucepan. Cut veal into 8 pieces.
2. Combine rice, butter and parsley. Place a small amount of the mixture on each piece of veal. Roll up and fasten with toothpicks.
3. Heat shortening in skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal rolls and brown well on all sides. Pour off drippings.
4. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over veal.
5. Cover with vac-control valve closed, and cook over low heat 45 minutes. Stir and baste occasionally.