Very Berry Jelly Roll
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raspberry/Strawberry / currant jelly||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Grease a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan; line bottom with wax paper; grease paper.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto a piece of wax paper.
3. Beat eggs in a medium-size bowl, with an electric mixer, until thick and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly, until mixture is very thick. Stir in water and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
4. Bake in a moderate oven (375°) 12 minutes or until center of cake springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
5. Loosen cake around edges with a knife; invert pan onto clean towel dusted with 10X sugar; peel off wax paper. Trim 1/4-inch from all 4 sides for easy rolling. Starting at short end, roll up cake and towel together. Place roll, seam side down, on wire rack; cool completely. When cool, unroll carefully.
6. Spread evenly with jelly. To start rerolling, lift end of cake with towel. Place roll, seam side down on serving plate. Sprinkle with 10X sugar.