|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.). Grease a 10 1/2 by 15 1/2-inch jelly roll pan and line with paper; grease the paper.
2. Sift together twice the flour, sugar, soda and spices. Add the melted butter, molasses, egg and water and stir until smooth. Spread the mixture in the prepared pan. Bake until the cake rebounds when pressed with a finger, or fifteen minutes.
3. Let the cake cool briefly in the pan. Cover with a thin cloth wrung out in cold water and finish cooling in the refrigerator.
4. Remove the cloth, sprinkle the cake with sugar, turn out on waxed paper and remove the paper adhering to the under side of the cake.
5. Spread with cream and roll. Wrap in waxed paper and chill until ready to serve.
Calories 721 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.4 mg58.5%
Sodium 484 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 47.4 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 28.5% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet