1. Soak the cod fillets in water overnight. Drain and rinse thoroughly under running water.
2. Bring some water to the boil. Poach the cod in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and remove bones and skin. Flake the fish as finely as possible.
3. Peel the garlic and chop finely. Mix the flour with half a glass of water, and whisk in the egg. In a bowl, mix this sauce with the fish, add the paprika and the parsley. Mix well.
4. Form the mixture into small balls. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate and roll the fish balls in them.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the fish balls in hot oil for 2 minutes on each side, or until brown.