Spicy Prune Roll
|Sifted cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|10x confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Prune filling||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Grease a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan; line with wax paper; grease paper.
2. Measure flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a sifter.
3. Beat eggs in a medium-size bowl until foamy; gradually beat in granulated sugar until mixture is very thick and light. (This step is very important!) Stir in vanilla.
4. Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture; gently fold in until no streaks of flour remain. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake in a moderate oven (375°) 12 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Loosen cake around edges, with a knife; invert pan onto clean towel dusted with 10X sugar; peel off wax paper. Trim 1/4-inch from all 4 sides for easy rolling. Starting at short end, roll up cake and towel together. Place, seam side down, on wire rack. Cool completely.
7. When cake is cool, unroll carefully. Spread with prune filling. To start rerolling, lift end of cake with towel. Place roll, seam side down, on serving plate. Sprinkle with 10X sugar.