|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Melted shortening/Butter||1 Tablespoon|
1. Bring the milk to a boil. Add shortening or butter, sugar and salt and cool to lukewarm.
2. Soften yeast in the lukewarm water and add to milk mixture.
3. Add about half the flour, mix and beat well. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
4. Turn out on a floured board, let rest ten minutes and then knead until smooth, about ten minutes.
5. Place dough in a greased bowl, grease surface, cover and let rise in a warm place (80° to 85° F.) until double in bulk.
6. Turn dough out on a floured board and knead lightly until surface is smooth. Shape as desired and place one inch apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with melted butter, cover with a towel and let rise until double in bulk, thirty to forty minutes.
7. About ten minutes before rolls have risen preheat oven to 375° F.
8. Brush rolls with additional melted butter, milk or egg diluted with a tablespoon of water and bake fifteen to twenty minutes or until brown.