This yeast roll recipe is so freakin easy and virtually error proof. It bakes up some soft, light and absolutely addictive rolls. Even if you aren't good at making homemade yeast breads I KNOW you can make this recipe!
All purpose flour
3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs), divided
2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 packet)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/4-1/2)
Butter flavored shortening
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a large bowl, add 1 ¼ cup flour and yeast. Whisk it well till combined. Set aside.
2. Heat a saucepan on medium. Pour milk, sugar and add the shortening.
3. Stir it continuously and heat only till the shortening melts. Do not boil the mixture.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Add an egg.
5. Using an electric beater, mix on low speed for 1 minute and on high speed for 3 minutes or till all are well combined and soft.
6. Season with salt and add the remaining 2 cups of flour.
7. Using hands or spatula fold in the flour till it forms soft dough.
8. Take another large bowl, grease it with vegetable oil and place the soft dough in it.
9. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
10. Remove the dough from the oven and punch it to remove the air.
11. Grease a baking dish sized 9x13 with melted butter.
12. Take a small portion of the dough and shape it as desired.
13. Dip the dough in butter or brush butter on it and plate it in the greased baking dish.
14. Repeat this with all the dough. Place the rolls close to each other.
15. Cover with a thin kitchen towel and place it in a warm place for 1 ½ hour.
16. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
17. Bake the rolls for 14 minutes or till the rills are done. Watch after 10 minutes.
18. Remove from the oven and brush with butter (butter and honey if desired).
19. In a serving plate, serve the rolls with choice of spread or enjoy it as it is.
Craving for soft bread. Try the yeast rolls as a perfect breakfast option or as dinner rolls. Watch this video to prepare moist and tasty rolls at the same time soft and crisp. They say, the bread served with the meal makes all the difference. This recipe will not let you down. Baked to perfection, these can be eaten with just sour cream.