Baked Ham Rolls
|Ham slices||2 (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Soft fresh bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub a shallow baking dish with a little ham fat.
2. Trim the rinds from the ham slices, notch the fat, brown the slices on 1 side in a hot frying pan.
3. Mix the crumbs, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Spread half of this mixture on each ham slice, covering the unbrowned side. Roll them up, tie with kitchen twine (dipped in hot water), place in the baking dish and pour the tomato juice over them.
4. Bake 1 hour, basting several times with the liquid in the pan.
5. Remove to a warmed serving platter, remove string and discard it and cut each roll into 3 serving pieces.
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.2 mg6.1%
Sodium 807.8 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 74.7%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet