Potato Cutlets with A Spicy Chicken Filling
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||2 , chopped|
|Fresh red chilies||2 , chopped|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion seeds||1 1⁄4 Large (1 Large Pinch)|
|Onion||1 Small, finley diced|
|Skinless boneless chicken||8 Ounce, cut into small pieces (250 Grams)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon (Or Pulp)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon (Or Pulp)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped mint||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Coarse semolina||10 Ounce (300 Grams)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Pint (For Shallow Frying, 300 Milliliter)|
1. Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until soft. Drain and mash, then add 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, both the green and one of the red chillies and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and blend together. Set aside in a cool place.
2. Heat the 3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and fry the onion seeds and onion until golden brown. Lower the heat, add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for about 2 minutes to seal.
3. Add the cumin, ground coriander, garlic, ginger, chilli powder and remaining salt and stir-fry for 5 minutes, then stir in the remaining chillies, the remaining fresh coriander, the mint and the remaining lemon juice.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
5. Using your fingers, shred the chicken pieces as finely as you can, then return to the frying pan and mix well.
6. Put the beaten egg into a shallow dish and place the semolina into a second dish. Break off 8-10 pieces of the mashed potato mixture and flatten them in the palm of your hand. Make a slight dip in the middle and fill each one with about 25 g (1 oz) of the chicken mixture. Wrap the potato around the mixture.
7. Dip the cutlets into the egg, then roll them in the semolina, coating them thoroughly. Set aside.
8. Heat the 300 ml (1/2 pint) oil in a frying pan and shallow-fry the cutlets, turning them frequently until golden brown.
9. Remove with a flat spoon and serve with chutney.