|Asparagus||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Bottled french dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Thin, Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Processed american cheese spread||15 Ounce (3 Jars, 5 Ounces Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, softened (3/4 Stick)|
|Soft white bread slices||48|
1. Break tough woody ends from the asparagus; wash the stalks well. If scales are large and sandy, cut off with a sharp knife, then wash stalks again. Cut off flowery tip of each stalk to a 3-inch length to use for sandwiches, then chill the remaining to cook for a family meal.
2. Tie stalks in two or three bundles; stand upright in deep, large saucepan. Pour in boiling water to depth of about 1 inch and cover saucepan.
3. Cook 15 minutes, or just until crisply tender. Lift out the bundles; drain; snip off strings. Place asparagus in a large, shallow dish; brush with French dressing; chill several hours to season.
4. Combine the cheese spread and butter or margarine in a medium-size bowl; beat until smooth.
5. Trim crusts from bread; roll each slice thin with a rolling pin; spread with cheese mixture. Place a seasoned asparagus spear at one end of each slice; roll up tightly, jelly-roll fashion. Wrap and chill.
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg6.3%
Sodium 473.4 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 0.94%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet